Starlight Blogger Award
I would like to thank Carolina for nominating me for the Starlight Blogger Award and for giving me the opportunity to answer the following thought provoking questions! Carolina created this award as token of love, appreciation and encouragement, and receiving this award from the creator herself is a great honor. I accept with humility and a happy heart:) Please visit Carolina Russo over at Yesterday After, it is one of the most visually pleasing, beautiful blogs I have seen here on WordPress.
“The STARLIGHT Blogger Award is the Award that I created to honor those individuals who are considered “The light emanating from the stars“ the bloggers that bring daily light into your soul with their creativity, the blogs you love to read, listen and visit daily!” –Carolina Russo
- Nominations Rules: Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees, I would like for you to think about the light emanating from the stars, the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you, a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
- Rules for the STARLIGHT Blogger Award:
Thank the giver and link their Blog to your post.
Answer the 3 questions given to you.
Please Pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog please never alter the logo and never change the rules.
- Please don’t delete this note: the design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter.com is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award – ©Copyright 2015 YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
Questions for my Nominees:
1) Can you describe a side of your Personality that we don’t know?
2) Have you found peace in your life? If yes explain how.
3) Can you write an inspiring quote in your own words? Read More
One Lovely Blog Award
A big thank you and shout out to Hector Sampson over at the Power of Quantum Thinking for the nomination of the One Lovely Blog Award. I accept this award with gratitude and a big smile! Hector writes with an awareness that resonates very deeply with me on a variety of topics spanning from life lessons, handling life’s obstacles, to living with gratitude and everything else in between. Check out his blog for an insightful read.
And now the rules of accepting this award:
Thank the nominator and link them.
List the rules and display the award.
Add 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via a comment.
7 facts about myself:
- My curiosity is strong. I am the type of person who likes to try everything on the menu, even if I have a favorite item I want to be sure that it is truly the best (for me:) After I’ve explored the many options I’ll settle on a few of my favorites. This is pretty much the way I am in many areas in my life. With that approach I am rarely bored!
- Although my curiosity is strong and I am open to many ideas and experiences, I am very fixed when it comes to my creative preferences so I often end up searching the internet for exactly what I see in my minds eye. Which leads me to number 3…
- I am currently attracted to Dahlia’s and they grow well in my region. I am scouring the internet to find just the right variety and combinations for my plantings this spring.
- I enjoy cooking/baking and I don’t mind the long process of complex dishes. I’ve been known to make three varieties of the same recipe just so I could taste test and find the perfect one!
- I like to can my own jam with berries, honey and pectin only. Hold the sugar please, but not in baked goods!
- It is important to me to stay physically fit. Currently, I am taking Barre, Pound and Hot Yoga classes.
- Lastly, If I could paid to do what I am uniquely passionate about it, it would be to merge my curiosity of the spiritual/metaphysical with my creative vision of bringing the Destination Enlightenment series to the television screen.
And now for the 7 nominations! I selected these bloggers for the creativity of their websites:
A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales
Thanks again Hector!
Sunshine Blogger Award
Its an honor to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This award is in recognition of blogs that share positivity in the blogging community. A big thank you to my nominator blog friends, Michael and Jacqueline. Please check out their blogs for a little bit of sunshine:) Michael’s Origins and A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales.
1) Thank the person/people who nominated you
2) Answer the eleven questions from your nominator(s), in this case In this case I’ve selected a mix between the two nominations.
3) Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
1.Do you volunteer with any charity or non-profit?
Currently, I am on the board as the treasurer for our local youth football program. I am a Brownie Girl-Scout Co-Leader. I volunteer at my children’s school and my daughters dance studio:)
2. Any best friends?
Many, I love each of them for what only they can bring to the friendship. Each of them are the best for that 🙂
3. What is your biggest fear?
Even though I know this life is temporary and I know we all meet on the other side, my biggest fear is losing someone I love before their time, or at least what we perceive as early.
4. Where is that one place in the World you wish you lived in?
Exactly where I am. I used to think this was the last place I would live when I was growing up, but now I appreciate it. Even if I had the means to live anywhere I would maintain my home base here, but I would get a second residence in Hawaii, probably Maui.
5. Who has most influenced your life?
My dad. He’s gone now, and it was only after he passed away that I really began to reflect on the impact and influence he had in my life. I suppose that is how it is with many of those closest to us. We only realize certain things after they are gone. It is a form of them still being with us even though they are physically gone.
6. Who is your favorite author?
Martha Beck. I love her witty intelligence and advice.
7. What is the one career you would love to enter?
Television Production – see question number 10 for the long answer.
8. What is your favorite temperature?
75 with no wind is just right for me.
9. Introvert or Extrovert?
I never could quite put my finger on that one until testing revealed that I am exactly 50/50. Totally makes sense now!
10. What about yourself would you change if you could?
I would have a naturally beautiful clear complexion all the time, no need for beauty treatments.
11. Why do you blog?
Interesting you should ask. I blogged about that very question. You can read about it here in Truth be Told: Why I Blog.
I have selected the nominees below for various reasons but mainly because they have brought me such joy by reading and supporting my blog. This is my way of saying thank you for your support.
As a time saver, I would like to present the same 11 questions posed to me to my nominees. And the nominees are…
Here comes the Sun:
A Funny Thing Happened When I was Learning Myself
Hope you enjoyed the answers as I enjoyed answering them:)
Premio Dardos Award
It is a real honor to be awarded the Premio Dardos = Darts Awards (translated from Spanish). I am humbled to receive this award because the meaning behind it is wonderful, and coming from Hector Sampson is a real compliment. The Premio Dardos is given from one blogger to another, in recognition of cultural, ethical, literary and personal values that are transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.
I would like to thank Hector Sampson over at The Power of Quantum Thinking for such an honor! Please visit his blog, you won’t be disappointed.
Rules (As presented by The Power of Quantum Thinking):
1.Thank the Blogger who nominated you for it.
2.Nominate a few other blogger’s and notify them.
To follow the principles of this award I would like to nominate (with no obligation from the nominees to accept the award) a few other blogs that I find truly wonderful:
Living the Dream
Thank you all for being wonderful and sharing your true self with us.
Much gratitude to all of you for being such an inspiration!
A couple of weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Kelly over at HonestMe363. Kelly has been a strong supporter of mine and I am honored to accept this award and pass it along to other deserving bloggers as well! Thank you for thinking of me Kelly 🙂
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
My nominations are below. I selected these bloggers because they have been strong supporters of my blog and I am inspired by their expression of truth and vulnerability in their writings. Check out their sites – you’ll be glad you did!
1.If you could meet one famous person, who would it be?
Oprah Winfrey. I’d make my pitch to get Destination Enlightenment on her network! Or least try to get a correspondent role on Super Soul Sunday!
2.What is the simplest thing that makes you smile?
Just being together with my husband and two children when everything is relaxed and we’re just hanging out being us.
3.What is your favorite season and why?
That is a toss up between summer and fall! I love the warmth of summer and the energy I feel from the light of the long days. But then, I so relish the fall, for the routine it brings and with the cooler weather I like to recharge and stay in and make cozy food. The fall is my favorite season to dress for. But summer has the best activities.
4.What is your all time favorite food?
I really like Authentic Mexican food. I love the hot spicy dishes, salsa, mole, margarita’s…
5.What song gets you pumped?
That one changes, but for now it would have to be Uptown Funk 🙂
6.What was the most inspiring book you have ever read?
That would depend on the time of my life. There are many. I really enjoyed the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
7.Any other interests other than writing/blogging?
I enjoy cooking and baking, staying fit, dabbling in my small garden, spending time with my friends and family, reading, shopping, and getting out of town!
8.Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes, because I’ve seen it happen. I believe it is rare and usually lust at first sight, but I do believe my sister and her husband are the perfect example of love at first sight. They eloped young after a month of knowing each other it took a while before everyone agreed upon what they knew at first site. They are still together and happy almost 20 years later!
9.Are you multi lingual or do you know parts of another language?
I took a couple of years of French in high school. I wished I would have taken all four years. I remember a few words though 😉
10.Who do you look up to or who inspires you?
My dad has passed on, but his spirit still inspires me. His memory reminds me to never get too comfortable in life because if you do you may become complacent. He lived his life to the fullest never wanting to miss an experience. He was a resourceful man and a hardworking dreamer, but chased his dreams down and made them a reality. He believed anybody could make their aspirations a reality if they worked hard enough.
11. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The fact that I am getting my thoughts out of my head and sharing them here and that people are actually reading and commenting! I am having conversations and meeting like minded people here that I wouldn’t get to in everyday life. I love the truth that people speak on their blogs. We get to see who these bloggers really are 🙂
Thank you so much for reading. Happy blogging!